Orofacial Pain-TMD & Dental Sleep Medicine specialist
“If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours”
Dr. Hezkial trained extensively for two years and managed more than 400 patients, suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Snoring, and various disorders related to Temporomandibular Joints Disorders (TMD). During her postgraduate residency program in Orofacial Pain and afterwards, Dr. Hezkial treated a wide variety of oral medical conditions including Myofascial Pain, Dystonia, Burning Mouth Syndrome, Central post stroke pain, Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), and post-radiation oral cancer patients. She is skilled in managing atypical facial pain such as Trigeminal Neuralgia, Headaches Attributed to TMDs, and Neuropathic Pain Disorders, as well as trained in smoke cessation and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In addition to her specialties, Dr. Hezkial also offers all around general dentistry procedures to meet every dental need.
Dr. Hezkial acknowledges the Opioid crisis in the dental setting, she served on an expert panel and co-authored a paper through John Hopkin’s University that was published in the International Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery focused on, “Opioid Guidelines for Common Dental Surgical Procedures.”
Her goal as a dentist is to serve the community by providing the highest quality dental care possible. Dr. Hezkial believes in treating her patients like they are family, and strives to listen to their needs and treat them with compassion, honesty and skill. She enjoys caring for her patients’ oral health and wellness while building lasting relationships with her patients and their families.
- Orofacial Pain Residency Program – University of Kentucky College of Dentistry – Lexington, KY 2017
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – Cairo University School of Dental Medicine &Surgery – Egypt – 2001 *Graduated with Honors*
Certifications & memberships:
- Certified Specialist in TMD-Orofacial Pain & Dental Sleep Medicine
- Certified in Laser Dentistry
- Certified Invisalign provider
- Certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Fellow of American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Member of American Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of Virginia Dental Association
- Member of Academy of General Dentistry.
Life & Hobbies:
Dr. Hezkial enjoys spending time with her husband and three children. She is an avid tennis and soccer fan who cheers for Liverpool, and loves connecting with friends on the weekends. She also enjoys outdoor activities such as: running, landscaping, and hiking.