Restorative dentistry is based on the foundation of restoring and replacing missing or damaged teeth. The goal is to address current dental issues while working with the patient to prevent future oral health issues.
Dr. Zahra Kavianpour is an experienced dentist in Sterling, VA who is committed to delivering high-quality solutions for your dentistry needs. It is one thing to achieve a beautiful smile, but it is another thing to build a stable, functional smile.
At Brighter Smile Family Dentistry & Orthodontics, we seek to deliver both. Through detailed treatment planning, state-of-the-art technology, and personalized care, we work with our patients to create a beautiful, functional smile.
If you are dealing with tooth damage or missing teeth, visit our Sterling dental practice for a consultation with our team.
Repair Damaged Teeth: What Are My Options?
Tooth damage can occur for a variety of reasons. No matter the cause, it is important to address damaged teeth as soon as possible. This is important for a range of reasons, including:
- Prevent further damage to the teeth
- To improve the appearance of the smile
- To help restore full function to your smile
- Reduce tooth sensitivity and dental pain
- Minimize the risk of tooth loss
Dr. Kavianpour is a highly skilled dentist in Sterling who offers comprehensive solutions for damaged teeth. During your visits, we can assess your teeth, gums, and jaw to determine the underlying cause of tooth damage.
Your comprehensive treatment plan will depend on the cause of damage, as well as your oral health needs and cosmetic goals. Depending on the severity of your tooth damage, we may recommend one or more restorative solutions to repair your smile.
Restorative Dentistry Treatments to Repair Damaged Teeth
- TMJ treatment: To prevent further damage to your teeth, TMJ treatment may be necessary. We offer several TMJ therapies that can help alleviate teeth grinding and teeth clenching habits. These habits are linked to TMJ disorders and can cause severe tooth wear and damage over time. To learn more about the TMJ treatments we offer, see TMJ Treatment.
- Dental crowns: A dental crown is a cap that covers the entire tooth. Dentists use them to protect a tooth that suffers from decay, damage, large filling, or infection. A crown will restore the tooth’s strength, shape, and appearance, enhancing functionality and aesthetics. To learn more about the type of dental crown we offer, see Dental Crowns.
- Tooth bonding: Tooth bonding is an affordable treatment that dentists will use to repair teeth with minor damage. The treatment involves applying a tooth-colored resin material to the tooth’s surface to hide the damage. Dentists use it repair chipped or broken teeth. To learn more about the benefits of tooth bonding, see Tooth Bonding.
- Composite fillings: Composite dental fillings are used to repair cavities, chips, and minor fractures in teeth. Your dentist will apply in in layers and harden it with a light. They provide a natural appearance because they are made from a mixture of resin and glass particles.
Replace Missing Teeth: What Tooth Replacement Options Do I Have?
Missing teeth can lead to a range of dental health complications if left untreated, For instance, patients with missing teeth are more likely to develop issues like gum disease and tooth decay. In some instances, patients with missing teeth are more susceptible to experiencing future tooth loss.
Dr. Kavianpour and our team of associates offer complete care for patients with missing teeth. During your visit, we will examine your teeth and gums, assess the condition of your jawbone, and discuss your cosmetic goals before recommending the solution that is right for you.
Treatment Options for Missing Teeth
- Dental implants: Dental implants are the most superior tooth replacement solution available. An implant fixture is made from titanium and is surgically placed in the jawbone. It provides a strong foundation to hold a dental restoration firmly in place. Dental implants restore oral function, aesthetics, and prevent bone loss by fusing with the jawbone over time. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants, see Dental Implants.
- Dental bridges: A dental bridge can replace one or more teeth by bridging the gap they create. This fixed dental restoration consists of artificial teeth (pontics) that are fused to two dental crowns. The crown portions for the bridge are placed on adjacent healthy teeth. They will help restore chewing function and maintain tooth alignment. To learn more about the dental bridge process, see Dental Bridge.
- Dentures & partials: Dentures can replace an entire arch of teeth or several missing teeth on an arch. They are removable dental restorations that have false teeth fuse to a base. The base is held in place with suction or clamps and sometimes denture adhesive. They are less stable than implant secured dentures but will help restore some chewing function and improve aesthetics. To learn more about the types of dentures we offer, see Dentures and Partials.
Dental implants offer a long-lasting, natural-looking solution for patients missing one or more teeth. We offer full-service dental implants in Sterling, VA, so you can receive the care you need in one convenient location.
Request a Dental Exam To Restore Your Smile Today
Brighter Smile Family Dentistry & Orthodontics invites you to visit our office for the dental care you need. We proudly serve patients in Sterling and many surrounding communities. Dr. Kavianpour offers comprehensive solutions to many complex dental problems, including missing teeth, damaged teeth, TMJ disorder, and periodontal disease.