Dr. Zahra Kavianpour is a trusted and respected cosmetic dentist with Brighter Smile Family Dentistry and Orthodontics. She works with patients on an individual basis to design and implement a smile makeover plan that is right for them. We offer porcelain veneers in Sterling, VA to transform our patients smiles. If you would like to learn more about dental veneers and determine if they are right for you, visit our Ashburn area dental office for a consultation. The team at Brighter Smile Family Dentistry and Orthodontics will help you determine if porcelain veneers are right for you.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, ceramic shells that are bonded to the front and sides of your teeth to create a more appealing smile. Porcelain veneers are completely customizable, so they can be designed to suit the shape and color you desire. A single veneer is made for each tooth that you want to treat. Typically, we suggest treating each tooth in your smile zone to create a more uniform smile. However, it is okay to treat a single tooth that needs addressed. They are designed to improve the appearance of a tooth that is discolored, misshapen, chipped, or otherwise flawed.
Porcelain Veneers in Sterling, VA
Porcelain veneers are often part of a smile design and used along with other cosmetic dentistry treatments. This helps dentists achieve a more comprehensive smile makeover. Dental veneers can address a wide range of dental concerns and issues. They are very versatile and your dentist may recommend using them to fix any of the following issues:
- Discolored Teeth: If you have discoloration or stains on your teeth that your dentist was unable to remove with professional teeth whitening, then dental veneers can fix them. They can cover up the stains and brighten your teeth.
- Chipped or Broken Teeth: Dentists often use dental bonding to fix teeth with chips or cracks. However, a more permanent and durable option is to cover the damage with porcelain veneers to restore their natural appearance.
- Misshapen Teeth: Teeth that are misaligned or misshapen can be difficult to treat. However, teeth veneers can reshape them to easily create a more uniform smile.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Instead of using an orthodontic treatment, dental veneers can close the gaps between teeth. This will give the appearance of a more even smile.
- Uneven Teeth: Porcelain veneers can be used to create a more uniform appearance to teeth that are uneven or differently sized.
- Worn Down Teeth: Teeth that have minor wear and tear due to grinding or other reasons can benefit from dental veneers. They will restore the appearance of teeth. However, it is important to protect your teeth if suffer from constant dental grinding because it can damage the veneers.
What Are The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers can be a beautiful addition to your smile. They offer a range of benefits and can give patients the look they need to smile confidently again.
- Veneers are designed to look and feel like your natural teeth
- They can fix a wide range of cosmetic issues
- Durable and stain restraint
- Easy to maintain
- Veneers can hide stained and cracked teeth and allow you to eat and speak naturally
- Minimally invasive
What Happens During The Porcelain Veneers Process?
Your entire cosmetic dentistry experience is designed with your needs in mind. Our team works with you on an individual basis to understand your needs and build a smile makeover treatment plan that is right for you. On average, the process to get porcelain veneers in Sterling, VA will require 2 to 3 visits to our dental practice.
Initial Dental Exam
To begin, Dr. Kavianpour will perform a complete dental evaluation. The dental evaluation is put into place to assess the overall condition of your teeth, mouth, and gums. Before we perform any cosmetic treatment, it is important to ensure your teeth are healthy. We offer a full range of treatment options to restore health and balance to your natural smile.
After the dental evaluation, Dr. Kavianpour will explore your cosmetic goals and the results of your dental exam, and discuss your budget to determine if porcelain veneers are right for you. From there, our team will begin to plan your personalized smile makeover plan.
Getting Your Veneers
To ensure your veneers are customized to your every need, we will need to prepare your teeth. In order to do so, we will remove a small amount of enamel from the teeth to create an adequate bonding surface for your veneers.
Once we prepare your teeth, we will color match and take impressions of your teeth. We use these to create your customized porcelain veneers. In many cases, we place temporary veneers while your customized veneers are fabricated. This helps shape the gums and protect your teeth while you wait for your veneers.
During the final appointment, if a temporary veneer was placed, we will remove it. We will then carefully clean the surface of the teeth and gently etch the teeth to create a bonding surface for your veneers. The dentist carefully cements each veneer onto the designated tooth.
Porcelain Veneers FAQs
It is important to us that our patients feel confident about the treatment the receive. Please read through our frequently asked questions section about porcelain veneers to learn more about them.
Is getting veneers painful?
Most patients use numbing to have veneers placed, so in most cases, there is no pain with the procedure. Once your mouth is numb, you will not feel any pain from a porcelain veneer procedure. Patients may be sore while adjusting to their veneers for a few days after, but this is temporary and will go away.
Can veneers cause problems?
In some cases, if porcelain veneers are not fitted properly, bacteria grow under them and cause infection. It’s very rare, only happening when veneers aren’t on your teeth correctly.
What happens if you don’t like veneers?
If a patient does not like their new porcelain veneers for any reason they can revisit their dentist to adjust them. Dentists can adjust the length, bite, contouring, or soften their look.
Book Your Consult for Porcelain Veneers in Sterling, VA
Do you want to enhance the appearance of your smile? You can transform our smile with porcelain veneers. Visit Dr. Kavianpour and our team at Brighter Smile Family Dentistry & Orthodontics for the treatment you need. We offer a wide range of cosmetic solutions that we can tailor to meet your needs. Visit us for a free cosmetic consultation to determine if porcelain veneers are right for you.