If you are dealing with crooked teeth, gapped teeth, or would just like to achieve a straighter smile, Brighter Smile Family Dentistry and Orthodontics offers the care you need. Our dentists provide Invisalign® in Sterling, VA as well as a wide range of other cosmetic solutions to help you achieve your ideal smile.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment system that uses clear sets of removable aligners to gradually reposition the teeth. This is an alternative to using traditional metal braces. Patients are able to remove their aligners to eat, brush, and floss without restriction. Ideally, Invisalign is an effective solution for teens and adults with common orthodontic issues. Dr. Zahra Kavianpour and our team are committed to offering personalized orthodontic solutions to patients of all ages.
Invisalign in Sterling, VA
Orthodontics can help patients of all ages improve the appearance and function of their natural teeth. While many patients receive orthodontic treatment at a young age, patients of all ages can undergo orthodontic treatment and achieve noticeable results.
Due to advancements in orthodontic care, there are more treatment options available than ever before. It has also brought forth many solutions that offer patients a more discreet, comfortable, and effective solution for their orthodontic needs.
Invisalign treatment is ideal for teens and adults who have mild to moderate orthodontic concerns. Additionally, it can be used to address both oral health and cosmetic issues. Our team will work with you to determine if Invisalign treatment is the best solution for you.
Invisalign can treat the following issues:
- Gaps between teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Crowding of the teeth
- Missing lateral incisors
- Overjet (Protruding front teeth)
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign treatment offers a wide range of benefits for patients who want to achieve a straighter smile. This orthodontic treatment is more comfortable, convenient, and discreet compared to traditional braces while still offering the same predictable results. The benefits of Invisalign include:
- Discreet Appearance: Because the aligners are made of a clear plastic, they are virtually invisible. This makes them a great option for those who are self-conscious about wearing traditional metal braces.
- Comfortable: The aligners are made from a smooth, flexible material that designed for comfort. There are no metal brackets or wires to irritate the inside of your mouth like traditional braces.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners can be removed when eating or drinking, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene and enjoy your favorite foods.
- No Food Restrictions: With this unique orthodontic treatment, you are able to remove the aligners to eat. This allows you eat a diet with no restrictions.
- Better Oral Hygiene: You are also able to remove your Invisalign aligners when you need to brush and floss your teeth. This allows for easier oral care and better oral hygiene overall when the treatment is done.
- No Messy Impressions Needed: To begin the treatment, we use a digital scanner to get an accurate picture of your teeth. Unlike braces which requires messy dental impressions.
- Easy Maintenance: It is very easy to take care of your aligners. Simply rinse them every time you take them off and clean them once a day.
- Convenience: You will have fewer appointments with your dentist than you would with traditional braces. Additionally, the aligners require less adjustment time than traditional braces.
- Predictable Results: Invisalign uses advanced technology to plan and track your treatment, so you can see what your final smile will look like before you even begin treatment.
The Invisalign Process
Dr. Kavianpour will perform an initial exam to determine if Invisalign treatment is right for you. If you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign treatment, our team will take any necessary images, x-rays, and impressions needed to create your custom aligners.
Moreover, we will also make a 3D model of your teeth used to create your personalized treatment plan. You also have the chance to view what your smile will look like after you have completed your Invisalign treatment.
During your Invisalign treatment, you will need to switch your aligners about every two weeks. Each aligner is designed to gradually reposition your teeth until they reach the desired position. Each treatment plan is customized to meet the unique needs of the patient.
Our team will schedule periodic check-ups throughout your Invisalign treatment to ensure your smile is moving as projected. Additionally, we may make some adjustments to your treatment plan to ensure you get the best results.
The Invisalign clear aligner system is a different way to straighten teeth. This often generates a lot of questions from our patients. Some of the most popular questions we get are:
How quickly do teeth move with Invisalign?
Invisalign treatment typically lasts about 12 months, however some patients may require treatment up to 18 months. Most patients begin to see changes around the 12-week mark. Invisalign is known to be a relativity fast treatment in comparison to braces, and metal aligners. It is especially effective in patients with mild to moderate malocclusion.
Does Invisalign change your face shape?
In some cases, Invisalign may slightly change the shape of patients mouth and face. When your jaw and teeth shift into a different position, your lips and mouth may appear at a different angle. This can slightly change the appearance of some of your features. In most cases the only noticeable change is an aligned smile! However, while you are wearing the thin aligners, you will not have to worry about them pushing your lips and mouth forward. It is important to note that clear aligners cannot reshape your jaw bone.
How often should I wear my Invisalign?
Invisalign treatment requires paints to wear their aligners at least 22 hours per day, everyday. This can be difficult for some patients. The only time that your aligners should be removed is when you are eating and cleaning your teeth. Failing to wear them for this amount of time will simply delay your treatment.
Can my teen get Invisalign?
Invisalign for teen is a great treatment for your young adult to get a straight smile. Most teens love how discreet and easy is it. However, you should be aware that it is easy to misplace the aligners when your teen has to remove them to eat or care for their teeth. We suggest talking to them to make sure they can handle this responsibility.
Schedule Orthodontics Consultation Today
Are you interested in learning more about how to achieve a straighter smile at your local dentist? Learn more about straightening your teeth with Invisalign in Sterling, VA. Visit your dental care team at Brighter Smile Family Dentistry and Orthodontics. To schedule a dental exam, call 703.444.3412 or request a dental exam online.